Thursday, August 24, 2006

First Day of School

Today is my first day of graduate school....I'm so nervous. Have I chosen the right path? What if I fail...what if I can't keep up?

Yesterday was my first night here in graduate housing...it is so different from being an undergrad. Its lonely. I sat in the common room and watched "Project Runway" all by myself. I have maybe 20 girls on my floor, I think everyone is studying something in the medical field (doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, administrators, etc). They are very serious...no one has a single decoration on their door. I don't know any of them and I'm a bit scared to introduce myself, what if they don't care..what if they are like, "so what, I don't need anymore friends?"

I'm working on my new laptop which has some kinks on it and a soft keyboard, both things I'm getting use too. My room is in need of serious decorations...hopefully once I can get some more personal stuff in here, I will be more comfortable.

Already I have the pangs of homesickness...maybe I should have just lived at home and been a commuter student?? No, I believe everything happens for a reason, there is a reason I'm here.

Wish me luck...first day of school!

8 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

My heart goes out to you. I'm in transition, too, so I understand the lost feeling you have right now. It will pass, and you'll make friends and establish a comfortable pattern to your days. Sending good thoughts your way!

10:08 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Luck!!

I know you will break in and have a good time. Please make your room into your own - paint helps too (heck with the rules)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

If ANYONE at that school fails MY VG, they will answer to me!!! and they do NOT want that!


***many hugs and lots of luck and love***

9:42 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

First day at school!

What did you pack for lunch? Do you have a new school bag? Do you have enough money to call home if yo have to?

1:27 PM  
Blogger NM said...

how was it?! i hope you did FANTASTIC, no i KNOW you did fantastic!
naema

5:54 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - thanks - I'm at home for the weekend, I hope once I settle in, it will be ok. I'm glad I have a friend like you, thinking of me : )

Joe - hee hee, heck with the rules, thanks for making me smile and I appreciate the vote of confidence, I do hope I do well.

Tony - ahh a hug from you always makes me feel better.

Pax - ha ha - I had lunch in the cafeteria, all by myself (so sad). I do have my home phone number sewed into my coat in case I get off on the wrong bus stop : )

Naema - Thanks man, I hope your mom is ok. I have to tell you I miss Nida something fierce, I so wish she was with me, I just know if she was at VCU with me she would help me out, like a sister.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Transitions are always hard... we have been in a transition for over four years and it is one crazy rollercoaster ride...

All I can say is baby steps... and it is your first day! So normal to be nervous! Just breathe... and if you need to vent, here we are!

Fingers crossed my friend!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Miz - oh thanks, I appreciate all the good thoughts and vibes sent my way, I'm grappling with this decision, should I have done this program, maybe part time, maybe stayed at home?? Urgh, I'm glad to know I have such good friends who, no matter how far (mile wise) wish me luck. Thanks : )

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home