Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Econ Grade...etc.

I just found out I made an, “A” in my Econ class – yay me!!! Despite being an undergraduate course, that class was really hard! (now must conquer my super arch nemesis – graduate level financial management).

I like being the "good" student. In my Information Management class, during the mid-term I went up to the teacher to get clarity on a question and he said, "I can't explain it further, just do your best" and than he added, "you're a good student, so I'm sure you'll get it." Guess what...I made a perfect score - 100 on that test!!! The only one in the class! Isn't it the small victories in life that move us to the next day, towards the future?

Also, I have to note, while I can't stomach about 85% of the undergrad's on this campus (try to be a little less self-absorbed kidees!), the undergrad's in this Econ class were very nice - we would all chat before class and work on homework together and I'd count them as friends (they even come up to me when crossing on campus and say hello, so unheard of most undergrads!).

The Queen of England comes to Richmond, VA for a visit tomorrow, if I get anywhere near her, I'll post pictures.

Finally - if you haven't seen or don't know who Nathan Fillion is (I'm sorry) here's a link to an interview he did on the Morning Show with Mike and Juliet on a network that shall not be named.

http://www.mandjshow.com/videos/%e2%80%9cwaitress%e2%80%9d-actors-jeremy-sisto-and-nathan-fillion/http://www.mandjshow.com/videos/%e2%80%9cwaitress%e2%80%9d-actors-jeremy-sisto-and-nathan-fillion/


11 Comments:

Blogger Random Kath said...

YAY, Virginia Gal! Well, heck, we all already knew that you were an awesome student!

Good luck in getting to see the Queen! I hope you get a good viewing spot. Let us know how it turns out.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

A in Econ, eh? You rock, Virginia Gal! I break out in hives just thinking about economics (especially lately, given current events - ha!).

Great job! I hope you get to go out and celebrate.

12:11 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Good work! But you are starting to sound like an old lady, talking about the younger kids.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Zelda Parker said...

c0ongradulations, you worked hard and you earned it! What happened to JS? Too much Ben & Jerry's?

7:00 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

koodos for you!!
Look you couldnt get to London so the Queen came to see you! sounds like dejavoo to me!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

So you're a nerd AND a teacher's pet? LOL I always knowed it!

j/k

Congrats on your good score. Of course you're smart... we could'a told you that!

**hug**

8:00 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

WOOH! You kick ASS! Party time say I! We need to throw you a bloggin', smokin' celebration!

I am glad to hear that all is going well and that youa re finally settled in your new life! May things only continue to get better for you sweet amiga!

Besos!!!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

Of course you got an A, my blog-daughter is the best and the brightest!

3:23 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Congrats on the A in econ. As for college students, they are by thier nature self-absorbed. Most will grow out of it.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Random Kath - I appreciate the vote of confidence, I'll try to post the queen pic's tomorrow!

Darla D - yeah I had hives at first also, hee hee. Thanks for the yay!

Joe - hee hee, thanks and yup I'm old, especially according to these undergrad's!

Zelda - thanks! And yes, JS was in Clueless, right? Elton? He has put on the weight, no?

Mommantor - hee hee, I never thought of it that way but you must be right, her grandson is single and voila she is here, concidence I think not!

Tony - LOL, I am a bit of a teacher's pet in that class but see me in financial management, clearly I'm one of the stupid kids : )
Hugs back!

MizBohemia - ahh thank you - sweet amiga, I like it! PS - I loved watching your video, that is soo cool, I feel like I know you and the entire Bohemia family better!

Pax - hee hee, naturally as your blog daughter I work to make you proud. Thanks for the support!

CS - Thanks for the congrad's, so as a professional you think these undergrad's will grow out of it...I have to think so, because most adults don't behave like that. I think after graduation, we soon realize the world does NOT revolve around us.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

well, clearly the only one who didn't know you would do well was you!

NOW: post some pics and blog about the Queen! we all know you had to have seen her when she was in town!

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home