Monday, April 23, 2007

Last Week in Pictures

First top news for all Indians - the biggest wedding in years happened on Friday - Ashwariya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan got married. Both are HUGE Bollywoord stars, she is of course one of the prettiest females on the planet, he is charming and sophisticated...what an 'IT' couple! While I didn't attend (clearly my invitation was lost in the mail), I heard the shindig was a virtual who's who of Bollywood.


Nathan Fillion's new show began last week. Drive is on Mondays @ 8pm on Fox. To be honest, I only started watching the show because of NF. But it does have an interesting premise (an illegal race around the country) and I'm actually rooting for other characters over NF's. (ps interesting fact I learned about him...did you know despite being Canadian he can't or doesn't like to ice skate...I thought being able to skate was a birthright of all Canadians, like if you can't skate...do they take away your Candian citzenship?).


I've found the guy stupider than G.W. Bush! Good thing he's only in charge of our Justice department. Dude, do your boss a favor, resign!

Richmond had a memorial service for Tech on Friday...I was debating whether to attend or not. I don't like to mourn in public (I find many people carry on excessively at these types of things, crying, wailing, screaming, to much acting, and it turns me off), but decided to go anyway and show my support (if this had happened at my beloved Mary Baldwin College, I'd be touched to see all the people come out).

Looking back last week, I do think the coverage was excessive (particularly putting the killer's video on, ugh that's just plain creepy). I'm disheartened by the media's behavior last week, while what happened at VT was a tragedy there was other stuff going on in the news, even brief mentions of those news items would have been nice.

Well, here's hoping everyone has a great week!

4 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Sorry about the invite getting lost. Maybe you can attend the first baby cermony.

10:28 AM  
Blogger CS said...

Man, I hate it when my invitations to big events get lost in the mail!

By the way, my father went to Mary Baldwin before it was M.B. He was a student at Staunton Military school many years ago. Small world, huh?

10:59 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

oh, man! Ashwarishek is the hottest couple EVER! i cannot wait until they begin adopting babies from developing asian countries like vietnam, thailand or india! that will rock my world!

(teehee!) they are a good looking couple. i hope bollywood marriages are happier and more successful than hollywood ones!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - yes that's it, the first baby ceremony, probably will be an even bigger affair than this!

CS - oh my goodness your dad was a SMA grad?! What a small world it is indeed! MBC now has those SMA buildings, but you can still see the SMA name. Does your dad ever go back? Staunton is so beautiful, no?

Molly - Bollywood marriages may not be happier but they stay together, because that's what Indian society expects. Ha ha, no adoption for them, probably one or two kids max, and that too after she is done acting, because another thing with Indian society, they won't want her acting when she is a mom, they will want her at home.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home