Monday, July 02, 2007

Eight Facts About Me

So I pulled this tag from Random Kath and Adorable Tony. I'm suppose to list eight things about myself that perhaps you, my lovely cyberspace friends don't know about me (lord that will be hard.... I'm not exactly a tough shell to crack).


1. I still have a crush/love interest in the guy from England. It's been like three years, yet, I think of him often. Sad, right? I know.

2. In the car, in deep traffic, I swear like a sailor - not pleasant to be around. I'm a big mean Northern Virginia driver.

3. When sad I like to watch, "You've Got Mail," something about it is very comforting - like a warm blanket.

4. Sometimes, even when the joke is not funny, I'll laugh because I don't want the other person to feel bad that their joke wasn't funny.

5. I am addicted to watching the planes take off on the runway, I could sit there for hours and watch them, its a beautiful ballet.

6. I am not suprised by the Scooter Libby pardon..but I had guessed it would happen later in the year, say around Christmas, like a gift for guys who lie for their bosses. Better than a tie!

7. No matter what time they call, I cannot understand ever being rude to telephone solicitors or whatever you call those cold calls. Hey those are people too, they are just doing their job, if you are mad because you don't want to donate or its dinner time, write a letter to that firm, don't take it out on the poor guy or gal who's just trying to make a buck, making a living. Just say "no thank you" and get off the line, don't make a big drama or scene about it (aka yelling or "how about I call when you're having dinner" - that's lame).

8. Fourth of July is my favorite holiday!


Happy Fourth of July All!!

7 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

I just have to comment on your #7- the problem is those folks dont take no for an answer, however politely or not you say it or spell it. They craze me! I do torture them when they dont take no for an answer, after about ten time saying no!. One time I had them spell things backwards cause as I told them I was dyslexic-bad yes, but they just wouldn't get off the line and I had time!

3:47 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

When's the summer job start? Let us know what you are doing there.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hmm - now I'll always be a little bit paranoid when you laugh at my (always) funny jokes! :-D

And re. the phone marketers - I just tell them it's not a good time and hang up. No sense getting annoyed. And if they're taking a while to get to the point (How are you today? Blah blah blah), I point-blank ask if it's a sales call, and if they hem and haw, I tell them it's not a good time & hang up. Buh bye.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

I tell them I don't take solicitation calls, then I hang up. They usually try to say that it's not a solicitation, which is laughable.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

See, this is why you are my Blog-Daughter; I love the Fourth myself!!!

Oh and you should be with me in a car!!! Err, on second thought, maybe not.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommnator - goodness I've never had that happen to me where they just won't take no for an answer. Maybe next time tell 'em you gotta go?? I just always feel bad being rude on the phone...maybe because I've had to call before, for Democratic candidates.

Joe - I've been working at non-descript airlines since the end of my spring semester, May 21st. I'm asking to be put on assignment in Vegas, so hopefully I'll come out and see you soon!

Darla - no no, you're jokes are always funny! Its usually strangers or someone you've met while standing in line kinda thing : )

Merci - That's a good response!

Pax - There is a reason we are family (LOL)...I'd love to go driving with you sometime, a Jersey driver and a Northern Virginia driver, mayhem to ensue!

10:42 PM  
Blogger CS said...

#4 is sweet. I would never be rude ot a caller unless they didn't accept my "no thank you." Then all bets are off.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home