Sunday, July 08, 2007

Live Earth



Got back this evening....my sister and I attended Live Earth NYC yesterday. What to say....IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

It was a day just jampacked full of great artists and equally exciting celebrities for an important and great cause- my sister and I drove up the night before (yes that wasn't eco friendly, but since no flight benfits, what to do??). We stayed overnight next to Giants Stadium in New Jersey (shouts out to Merci, Pax, Mommantor, Zelda, POP and of course Ms. Magnolia).

The show started at 2:30 and ran all the way till 10:30pm. In that time we saw KT Tunstall, Keith Urban, AFI, Dave Matthews Band, Kayne West as well as celebrities who introduced these acts such as Kevin Bacon, Alex Baldwin, Robert Kennedy Jr., Cameron Diaz.

Highlights of the show included:

Kelly Clarkson doing music from her new album and my sister and I, the only ones in our section, standing up and singing along.

Actress Racheal Wiesz on stage. We love her.

Leo Di Caprio being there - nuff said.

The passion of Melissa Etheridge while singing, very political not only against global warming but the war, to which my sister and I cheered (again the only ones in our area to do so...more on our section later).

BON JOVI - seeing them live - freaking awesome!!! Singing along with 60,000 other fans "Living on a Prayer" in Giants Stadium, just mind-blowing, its undescribable, hands rocking, jumping, just....wow!

The close with POLICE - to see Sting on stage and the band together, wowzeers! Again the audience on its feet, "Message in a Bottle" jumping up and down, hands in the air, shouting to be heard...I just felt so happy to be alive and there... in that moment.

The only downside was the section my sister and I were sitting in...we were in like the promoter's section and all the people around us were lame; for the most part they didn't sing, they didn't dance and they certainly were not there for the message about saving our planet. While my sister and I were super enthusastic about this movement, the people around us were Jersey girls with big hoop earings and long nails, their Mofia-like boyfriends who booed at all the environmental speeches (Hel-lo its Live Earth dumb asses!) or the people around were stoned or just sat and talked the whole time. I wish the show had vetted fans so only people who are truly passionate about saving the Earth were allowed in.

My sister and I rose when Al Gore came out, this is a strong message that needs to be heard, if you haven't seen it yet, go rent "An Inconvenient Truth" and my next post will be about tips I learned from the concert on how each of us can do our part's to save this Earth.

6 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

I am soooo green with envy. To see all those groups and for the environment too!
Just for your info, not all joisy gals wear hoops and have big hair! lol

9:40 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Reading reviews from around the world, if they would have vetted fans then all of you might have been able to fit in your front room.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

South Jersey is a different world from North Jersey, and should be a separate state. We are far more Philadelphian, for good or for ill. And we care a whole lot more about the environment. Heck, we've even kept a few trees around, just for fun!

Next time you treck through NJ, plan a stop in the pinelands for a meetup!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

I hate being in sections like that - I feel your pain. I'm so glad that you got to go and have a great time!

9:36 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Section aside, sounds like you had a great time. I caught a bit of it on TV, but that's it.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - Thanks it was really cool! And since I know you guys in Jersey I figure only a few of the girls there are rude like those girls at the show were.

Joe - ahh so you are saying that most people who went to the concert only went for the show and not for the cause. I'm not surprised.

Merci - oh yes I MUST come up for a visit, to my favorite people in South Jersey!

Random Kath - thank you - glad to know someone else who knows what I'm talking about. Overall the show was awesome!

CS - You caught a bit on tv...did you see me? LOL.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home