Sunday, May 25, 2008

To Do List

Returning to the States finds oneself with an ever increasing to-do list, isn't that always the case, eh?

1. Check all my financial statements, make sure they match what my spending activity in Denmark was.
2. Clean up all the outstanding mail and requests that have piled up for four months (despite my sister helping me out, there is still even some stuff she can not do).
2. Finish the paper for my Economics class and mail back to Copenhagen Business School.
3. Reconnect with friends (let them know I'm back and hopefully get placed into the social scene).
4. Catch up on all my favorite television shows (the ones I could not see via the internet in Denmark, like Ugly Betty and ER).
5. Find a job (Uncle Sam is going to want to be paid for the money "he" lent me for the trip to Copenhagen).
6. Refresh memory on where I put all of my stuff - it is amazing what you will forget in a mere four months.

Aye, the real world is hitting me hard, gone is my Danish vacation, but such is life.

But to remind me to take it easy...a picture snapped from my Copenhagen room window of the other side of the street (and my view), where during the day, there often sat a little doggie in the window.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Welcome back to reality, VA Girl! :-) It is hard coming back and having all those things pile up so abruptly, isn't it? Plus a bit of culture shock to add to the mix. Hang in there, and let's get together soon. Let us know when you're free!

11:16 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

peaceful reentry to the real life!

12:08 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've got the important things on the list (catching up with tv shows)!

Must be strange to be back. Hope the transition is relatively smooth. What do you miss most about Denmark now that you're back Stateside?

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt overwhelmed just after 2 weeks, can't imagine how you are recovering from months away.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Darla - yes we must get together soon!

Mommantor - thank you ever so much!

Kate - tak, yes tv shows so very important to Virginia Gal.

Citizen - oh I'm glad someone can relate : )

11:52 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

on my to-do list: call VA Gal and welcome her back!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home