Friday, June 06, 2008

Obama Rally

Aye...where to start, what a day, what a day!!

The morning began average enough, got up, checked email, blah, blah...you get the hint. But than I went to work, at Nissan.

Today was not just an average concert but a Barack Obama rally!! Secret Service were all over the place, I've never seen the Pavilion with that much tight security. It was crazy. Famous reporters kept coming in and out, including the lady who does the BBC broadcast, Cady something (naturally I made a fool of myself when she came by, eh but who cares, I'll never see her again). Than there were all the liberals and fellow democrat's around, I was in heaven (though I couldn't say anything since I was working).

For this particular event, all of us Nissan staffer's were re-assigned to security and parking options (instead of what I normally do, guest services). I was given the VIP parking lot. The VIP parking lot was manned by a ton of Secret Service (because it was the entrance for the stage).

The cherry on top of this day was that I got to hang out with all these MALE Secret Service guys. Not only were they HOTTIES (all of them were hot I swear to God - is that an application requisite?), but charming, educated and funny! And no, before anyone asks, I did not get any phone numbers (if you see me at Nissan, I'm quite scary looking, frizzy hair, sweaty). All I know is that now that I'm around the DC area, I'll be keeping an eye out for these hotties!

oh and Obama's speech was great.

6 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oh, they will keep an eye out for you, the wild haired strange girl.

11:34 AM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

Ub! That is great! But I think you will get used to him being in DC...keep your fingers crossed....except that he is a senator already, but you know what I mean, wink wink....check out my blog. I had quite a day too. :-) H

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked for you, Virginia Gal, at the Barack event. NOW I know where you were.... hanging out with the Secret Service hotties....
My teenaged daughter and I attended -- I wanted her to see Obama; after all, he could be our next president.

That crowd of faces of all colors and nationalities was an amazing sight. The thing that struck me was the way everyone seemed almost mesmerized by Obama. I think most of us were there, looking for change, hoping and praying that Obama will bring it for us.

A poignant moment -- as we sat in the car, trying to inch our way out of the parking lot, I watched others walking out to find their vehicles. These folk were all ages and from all income brackets. It was like a scene in a movie -- they had all come to hear and see Obama, and now they were making their way back home, duty-bound, to spread the word.

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great. And it brings back a fun memory of being t a press conference when I was 16 and engaging a cute secret service guy in conversation.

6:12 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

leave it up to you to put things into perspective- hotties first, Obama second and work dead last! Teehee

9:36 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - thanks for making me laugh (smile).

H - yes I am hoping I will catch glimpses of Obama throughout this election season! I am sorry about your week.

Pol - I am sorry we didn't catch up at the event but cross your fingers that this Obama event starts this romance movie for Virginia gal and a secret service agent : )

Citizen - tell me that the story ended with a fabulous love affair...

Mommanator - oh yes level of importance in Virginia Gal world LOL.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home