Sunday, October 05, 2008

New Kids on the Block Concert!!!


I am in love!! Guess where I went Thursday night????

The Washington DC New Kids On The Block (now NKOTB) concert. It was amazing!!!!! I screamed so much, I've lost my voice Friday and Saturday. My friend got us the tickets and were on the floor (section 3, row S), so close I could see Joey's sweat on his face!!

They did a really fabulous show, it wasn't too teeny-bopper or boring. Clearly they realized their fan base has grown up and they catered to that, the stage was done really classy, with long white sheer curtains and big hi-tech screens - it was spectacular, a nice mix of their old songs and new stuff. I think what I loved best is how visibly appreciative they were of their fans, they thanked us for five minutes and Donnie and Joey even got a little teary-eyed.

Also, of course they all looked hot, at one point Jordan is singing along, and he has his shirt open and I looked around at the sold-out Verizon Center (50,000 screaming women) and felt like I was in a big Chip and Dales, ha ha!

Ok, so now I am freshly energized and now want to stalk the guys. I wanna meet Joey or Donnie, or heck Danny or Jonathan!!! No just kidding, I am a tad big more mature than my 14-year old self : )

ps - there last song was Hangin Tough and the video montage was all Boston teams (Sox, Bruins, Patriots), and the guys came out in Celtic's jersey's.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

I can remember when their music played in our house constantly. I'm glad you had a good time, that's what it's all about!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, you are too funny. I saw a friend on Saturday who had also been to the concert who was just raving about them. I had been thinking about you. :)

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'classy'? new kids on the block? are you serious?!

You make me laugh, my friend! Glad you had a good time.

10:15 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Well, Donny and Marie are back here, so I guess any group can come back again.

4:36 PM  
Blogger apt said...

NO!!!!!

You've gone over to the dark side!!! Come back!

It'll be okay... just take short and steady breaths!


NOT NKOTB! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:47 PM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

oooh! I love Beantown love! :-) Go Sox! I must admit, in this picture, they do look HOT! :-)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Brenda - a good time is what it was what it was about for sure!

Shannon - thanks, actually there was an MBC girl there who shouted out my name and when I turned around she goes, "I knew you would totally be here." ha ha.

Kate - you know moi, I have always loved them; I think I'll be 80 and still jumping around for them, ha ha.

Joe - egads, Donnie and Marie, sigh. I guess you are right.

Tony - They are not the dark side, they are awesome!!! You gotta listen to their new stuff, its really good!

My Mind Wanders - yes you must get P, who still lives up there, to keep an eye out for me! Maybe her son and some of their kids could hang out together???

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home