Thursday, January 08, 2009

God Rest His Soul

A beloved blog friend, the wonderful and so warmhearted Mommantor, lost her husband on December 31st. Despite him never actually appearing on the blog, reading Mommantor's humorous and good stories about him (love for a yard sale, finally getting his PhD), I felt like I knew him. He will definitely be missed.

Please say a prayer for Mommantor and her family - God bless them.


1928 West-Running Brook
The Last Mowing
by Robert Frost

There's a place called Far-away Meadow
We never shall mow in again,
Or such is the talk at the farmhouse:
The meadow is finished with men.
Then now is the chance for the flowers
That can't stand mowers and plowers.
It must be now, through, in season
Before the not mowing brings trees on,
Before trees, seeing the opening,
March into a shadowy claim.
The trees are all I'm afraid of,
That flowers can't bloom in the shade of;
It's no more men I'm afraid of;
The meadow is done with the tame.
The place for the moment is ours
For you, oh tumultuous flowers,
To go to waste and go wild in,
All shapes and colors of flowers,

I needn't call you by name.

6 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. God Bless her.
The poem is wonderful.

9:34 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Thank you so much!
Did you know Frost is one of my favorite writers?
I'm heading back south today, I'll wave as I pass you on I95!
I'm taking one day at a time. I really miss him though.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Shoebee said...

Thanks Virginia Gal.-
Momma's baby girl

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been since I first read their posts.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

OMG! This is what happens when you're weeks behind on reading blogs. I'll have to go over and express my condolences. I'm so upset to hear that!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Brenda - thank you.

Mommantor - one day at a time is the best approach I say. I'm here if you need me babe.

Shoebee - I am so sorry for your loss.

Citizen - thank you dear.

Molly - oh don't feel too bad, I just heard about it as well because I was behind in blog reading as well.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home