Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Royals


Did you hear the sad news about Princess Madeline of Sweden? The poor girl was engaged to this lawyer (these two have been a couple for a number of years) at the end of 2009, turns out the cad had a fling with some 21-year old college student in the meantime and the engagement is broken off. Princess Madeline is gorgeous (as you can see in the pic), it just goes to prove that even pretty people suffer. I hope that she recovers and finds a nice guy, preferably someone royal, I would love to see a proper royal marriage. I like her! As far as that guy, loser. I guess this is more points for her older sister, Crown Princess Victoria's finance, even though I don't like him either.

Have you heard the news about Prince William and his lady love, Kate Middleton? Rumors are that they will be announcing their engagement in June. I am so excited!!! Also it is said that they might get married this year, in November. As soon as the engagement is made, I am booking my air tickets for London, I have to go! For my close friends, they will know that since I was a teen I have vowed that I will be at Prince William's wedding. I don't care, come hell or high water, I am there!!

Does it make me a total snob that while I don't mind these commoners coming into the royal families, I would like the next generation to go back to the old days of royals marrying royals. Otherwise the blood will be all diluted. There is a whole generation of European child royals that will grow up together, so there is that possibility;
Infanta Leonor (4), Infanta Sophia (2) of Spain
Prince Christian (4) and Princess Isabella (3) of Denmark
Princess Elisabeth (8), Prince Gabriel (6), Prince Emmanuel (4), and Princess Eleonore (2) of Belgium
Princess Catharina-Amalia (6), Princess Alexia (4), and Princess Ariane (3) of the Netherlands
Princess Ingrid Alexandra (6), Prince Sverre Magnus (5) of Norway
Lady Louise Windsor (6) and Viscount James Severn (2) of England

4 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

There is a good reason for the dilution of royal blood I think...has something to do with being too closely bred in some cases.

1:01 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Aren't you already on the Prince's invite list? Shouldn't he send the royal jet for you?

10:34 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

O MY I feel for her and her beauty and diamonds and pearls and such!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Brenda - that is true, but now i think they have had enough dilutation, go back to the old days : )

Joe - well in a cash saving measure perhaps the jet won't be sent, as long as I get a personal invite lol.

Mommanator - ok, when you put it that way, it does seem silly to feel sorry for her, but I guess it just proves to me again that even beautiful people have problems.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home