Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Et Cetera




I'm including this youtube video in hopes some of you may watch. It is a documentary, called China's Unnatural Disaster. This picture was nominated for short film documentary Oscar this year. It is sad, moving and yet powerful enough to sit through and I think instead of watching something stupid on the Internet, for a change we can all take 30 minutes out of our lives to better our souls, no??? The movie had to be put on youtube in pieces in hopes that the Chinese government won't find it and take it off.

I've been trying very hard to use my reusable bag and I have to say doing fairly well. I know its hard to remember it, but perhaps consider this tip, keep the bag in your car! After purchasing items and bringing the bag into the house and unloading your stuff, place the bag either inside or next to your handbag/purse. Then you will definitely remember to bring it back out to the car, where it can sit until you need it again. In this way we can STOP USING PLASTIC BAGS!!


The BBC is trying to get rid of my ONLY source of all things India - the BBC Asian Network, what can I do to stop this? Should I write to the BBC? I'm not British and I certainly don't pay for the service, but I would be willing too. I love BBC Asian Network!!! It plays all things Bollywood, Punjabi, Fusion - it is my link to the latest music and news from the Indian subcontinent!! I have listened to it for close to five years now! It was my main radio station in Denmark! I can't imagine it not existing! Check it out!http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/

8 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

I'm onto the reusable bags. I try and put them immediately back into the minicooper. I still have plenty of plastic ones!

3:56 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I keep my cloth bags in the car, and remember them most of the time.

I'll have to come back to the video some time when I'm on the desktop computer and not my mini travel computer.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

If you pay for cable or satellite, then you pay for the station. Write or send email. Can't hurt! I'm annoyed with my satellite company because they don't offer the BBC in America in HD, even though it's available now. I have to watch it on the older tv because it looks so-so on the widescreen hdtv.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo forums[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood methods to generate an income online.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I can't watch the video cause of HughesNet's FAP (dang it) but I'm glad they were able to get it out for the world to see.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - good for you! I have too many plastic bags as well!

Secret Agent - yes watch it when you are in a place that allows for about 30 minutes. Its a short documentary.

Merci - oh, that is true, I do get the BBC radio through the internet, good tip, thanks!

Brenda - yes, me too, glad China didn't clamp down, as they normally do.

2:48 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I leave the cloth bags in the car trunk, and just get used to grabbing them when getting out of the car in the store parking lot.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Replace Idle Torrents Try NZB Downloads You Can Instantly Find High Quality Movies, Games, MP3 Singles, Software and Download Them @ Accelerated Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Sites[/B][/URL]

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home