Saturday, April 03, 2010

Vegas Trip! Car Hire Ireland



With apologies to JoeinVegas for not contacting him (I am so sorry Joe!! I promise we plan on coming back and will definitely do dinner - I have to meet the famous B!) - the husband and I went to Las Vegas (his first visit) and had a great time!

As this was a novice trip for the hubby, we did things on a GRAND scale! We stayed at the Paris Hotel (directly across from Bellagio) in the heart of The Strip. Our room faced The Stripe and I had the husband take a picture of the view from our room, amazing!!! The hotel is so nice as well, all in classic European style, straight out of something from Marie Antoinette era. I felt like I was a rock star.

The first day there we did a Grand Canyon tour in a helicopter, so interesting. It made me appreciate the beauty of the Grand Canyon from views and directions I probably would never get to see if I wasn't seated in a flying machine. We were able to see the North side, with all the snow and than the South side, complete different. Day two was spa day, a refreshing way for me to recharge! We finished the evening by seeing "O" at the Bellagio and eating some super fancy foods (for that go-round, I felt like I was on Top Chief). There are no words to describe the spectacular that is Cirque De Soleil's "O" - just wish they had down the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver Olympics, it would have been much more memorable.

It was all so much fun, though now that I'm back in PHX, a town that goes to sleep at 9pm, I'm bummed. Vegas definitely is more my scene (well at least in my head, lol).

All the little details of the mini-vacation were lovely, from the room to the food. We even rented a car, though I think in Las Vegas you can get away without needing a car, unlike other locations I've been too, such as Alaska, South Africa, or if you decide to go tour around a country, like France or Ireland. Take your pick, Las Vegas car rental, Paris car rental or Dublin car rental, all needed if you want to have a fantastic trip as I did!

Now back to reality, blah - but I'll always have Vegas baby!

7 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

I am shocked! Shocked I tell you! My little VG in Sin City.

Sounds like you had a blast, we were supposed to be going in June, but the plans have changed - oh well.

And if people go to bed at 9 in Phoenix, they hit the hay in Utopia around 8:30.

I've got Palm Springs on my mind of late, going to try and get Whatshisname out of his comfort zone first.

7:48 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Glad you had a great trip.

2:05 PM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

OMG! A helicopter! Geez. I hope you took pictures I want to see them next weekend! I'm super glad you had a wonderful time!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Glad it was fun. Sounds like even a non-gambler (like me) could have a good time there!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Pax - omg, there is a place that goes to bed earlier than PHX? You poor thing.

Secret - Thank you!

H - the husband did take pic's, I gotta get them and I'll pass along : )

Merci - totally, both of us don't gamble either and we had fun!

3:18 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

you sound so happy! GREAT!

7:15 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Hummmpf

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home