Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fliza Minnelli



I am back! The trip home was lovely and it was rather hard to leave and return to stinky ol'e Phoenix. The baby shower was so much fun! It was grand to see all my girlfriends, it really hit me when I was out there how much I miss them. But hopefully soon we shall be reunited (I continue to push for moving back to Virginia with the hubby).

I've embedded this video of Tracy Chapman's song "The Promise." At the store (where I work), we have a music track that runs in the background. I have to say as store music goes, my retail establishment doesn't do a bad job, there is a whole host of eclectic songs, from pop to country to R&B. Each CD runs for about 7 or 8 hours, so you often don't get a repeat in a day. The songs are both modern and classics. I love this particular song, it is so appropriate when it comes on at the end of the night, as I'm closing. I had to share.

Does anyone else think that KFC is having a laugh with that new sandwich? The Double Down? Is that what it is called? The one with the two chicken breasts and in-between is two strips of bacon and cheese. They have to know that is a heart attack waiting to happen. I think they decided, for all their heavier customers, to speed up the process, maybe as a backlash against tirades on healthier eating???

Swear to God, I can't understand conservatives (particularly the ones living here in Arizona), why do they scream for less government but are always wanting, no loving, government keeping rules of authority, i.e. the police. They seem to like being watched over, like showing your I.D. everywhere. yet, they don't appear to like giving to those less wealthy. These conservatives live in fear I think?? Either way its just another reason I don't like Arizona. Aye!

5 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I think KFC is just jumping on the kill 'em quickly bandwagon. Like the commercial for the "grown-up" version of a grilled cheese sandwich, which is a cheeseburger with bacon added. Do people have a thought in their heads when they consume things like that?

7:42 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

glad to see you are back, and can post dont ya know I live vicariously thru bloggers! lol
glad you ahd a nice time

2:35 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

That KFC sandwich doesn't even make convoluted sense for low-carb dieters, since the chicken is breaded. I don't get it either!

Conservatives want less regulation (government involvement) when it comes to financial institutions and taxes on corporations and the wealthy. That makes it possible for them to continue to rob hard-working middle class Americans blind.

They DO want big government when it comes to things like punishment, border control and agencies who intrusively monitor our personal behavior (in the name of protection from terrorism). Ironically, I've read that the size of government grows more during Republican administrations than it does during Democratic ones.

12:25 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Well, theoretically better than two slabs of burger with bacon and cheese between. Chicken is supposed to be better for you, no?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - no as a retail employee I can say people don't think when consuming.

Mommantor - Thank you dear : )

Merci - you said it perfectly sister!

Joe - ahh nice train of thought, lol.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home