Thursday, May 27, 2010

Save Wildlife



Sometimes it just happens you find a commercial that either makes you laugh or smile, and this above YouTube is just that television advertisement. I love the animals, they are adorable, though the otter is my favorite, particularly with him holding onto the side of the basin, so precious!

It is sad though, when you think about the deeper message behind the spot - that animals need to be cleaned off and up by oil spills, man-made oil spills. Naturally, Dawn has timed this with the tragedy in the Gulf with the BP spill. My dear friend, My Mind Wanders, blogged on the Gulf spill a few days ago and I agree with her. I feel so helpless and yet how can I stand around and do nothing. if I at least write a letter to my Senator, perhaps we can move away from using fossil foals and move to more earth friendly energy sources. In the meantime I shall also buy those Dawn Dishwashing bottles with the animals on it, where Proctor and Gamble donates $1 to the Wildlife rescue and my adorable otters.

******************************************************************
Need a beach read for the summer - why not go to your local library and pick it up!
Public libraries have some great advantages such as collections designed for a general audience, at all research levels. Extensive online collections that can be accessed from any computer with a public library card number. Youth services librarians with extensive experience working with school groups. Wonderful historical collections and archives. No pun intended but CHECK IT OUT!

7 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I like this commercial,too, although it makes me crazy that there is a need for it.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Dawn is an awesome product!

Great ideas kiddo!

10:53 AM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I DO love this commercial too! It just makes me so sad.

11:13 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:58 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

In Phoenix for the weekend, call if you are free for coffee. 702.279.4452

9:00 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

I totally agree! what else can we do!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - yes insane that has to be in constant use!

Brenda - it is now an even better product to me because of what it does for the environment.

H - Thank you for the first post - I do love the adorable otter!

Joe - oh shoot, I'm just checking the blog now, are you still here?

Mommanator - yes what else can we do? So frustrating!

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home