Monday, June 07, 2010

Financial Woes and Dublin Car Rental

Aye, another day another dollar seems to be the mantra of my life of late. I got financial woes (though today I received some much needed good news, one of my big bills is now being covered by renters - yay!).

I know, I know, you are saying, who doesn't have financial woes, but I am maddeningly frustrated, because I am certain I could be earning more money if only I could obtain a better paying job! It is just like there are no professional Human Resources jobs here in Arizona, or I suppose one needs to know someone to get these much coveted positions?

Finally, I have convinced the husband we are moving back to the East Coast, DC (naturally), but now I am having no luck in getting a professional job back home. I remember two years ago when I had just returned from Denmark, it took me nearly 5 months to find a proper job, a job that didn't pay hourly and required ringing at a cash register (which is what I currently do).

I am appreciative to have a job, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it just feels like I'm going backwards, its like I'm embodying the expression working hard for no pay (or something like that). Certainly, don't blame the current administration but can a girl get some help here? Forgiveness on student loans (less than 1% of the AIG loan, if that makes any difference)???

Sometimes, I just want to run away from it all - perhaps to Ireland, go to a Dublin Car Rental and drive the emerald isles, enjoying the beautiful countryside and the wonderful culture. Of course to even do this, I would need............you guessed it! - money, aye it never ends!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I keep holding my breath and hoping for the economic recovery.

12:19 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

O baby girl you are just maturing, and learning money doesnt grow on trees. Its a hard adult lesson, but we all go through it and you have the bad luck of doing it when the economy is so rotten! Keep yer chin up!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure it seems like there is no end to your money wooes, but you said it yourself one money probelm was recently resolved. Have faith all bad things do end. I will keep you in my prayers for both your jobs. I am sure your family is thrilled that you will be moving back. Keep up the spirits, there is always some good-news around the corner.

Austen

9:26 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

You should consider yourself to be quite employable if you found a job at all, even if it is not a professional position. Lucky folks like us are treading water right now, waiting for things to improve.

Good luck planning your move back east!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Err, that should say that you should consider yourself to be quite employable if you found a job at all in this economy...

11:12 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Good luck.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - me too (for economy recovery!).

Mommanators - I do have a bad luck in maturing in this economy, ugh!

Austen - you are right, I must keep the faith, this too shall pass!

Merci - thank you, but it still feels so hopeless at times.

Joe - as to you!

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home