Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Strange Things People Say

People say the strangest things, no?

At the store I work at, today I had at least four people come in and after I said "hello," they replied, "I'm just here for the free samples."

Um...what?! Yes that is right, we opened a store in one of the most expensive malls in America just to provide free food for the masses. Exactly, we have changed our business mission, instead of making money, we have become a non-profit. People are idiots, how do they think we provide those free samples? Like the store has unlimited money to just feed their cheap asses (as they come in with their Nordstrom, Juicy Couture, Crate and Barrel bags). I don't understand people's thinking, aye.

I heard on the news today about the bombings in Uganda, the terrorists said they did it because the country of Uganda sent in peace forces to Sudan. I know terrorists are stupid but this is a new level of idiocy - "how dare you send in peacekeeping forces?! We liked war and death!" Exactly what tenet of religion is this profused love of death and war listed? Idiots.

4 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Free samples! Can I have some please?

11:51 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

I'd go in for the free samples, but I'd buy what I sampled if I liked it.

11:36 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I agree with Merci - I don't feel obligated to bu if I don't care for the sample but I do if I like it.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - aye!

Merci - its ok if you come in for a free sample but not just because you are hungry and want free food.

Secret Agent - certainly not obligated to buy but we don't like people to come in for a free meal either. At least pretend you are considering shopping : )

Brenda - amen sister!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home