Friday, November 05, 2010

Test Run

I am at work right now – where they have installed the latest Microsoft Office Suite. Initially it was difficult to navigate but now I'm finding it easier. One of the things I discovered while exploring in Microsoft Word is this Blog option. Apparently, I can write my blog post here in Word (and at the office, yay!) and than publish it to my blog.

I am not sure if this will work, hence the test run. You know how it goes, technology has all these great features that are suppose to make our lives easier but half the time they don't even work or are so hopelessly complicated that you have to have a Ph.D in technology to understand them.

Before ending this test run, I have to put in a funny little anecdote that happened to me the other day. I'm not sure if I mentioned or not but I work at a University and one of the programs offered at the University is Culinary Arts, i.e. future chefs! The other day I was riding the elevator up to the fourth floor (I work on the first floor where there is no kitchen facilities) to microwave my frozen meal and I heard a voice peep up from behind, "you are not going to eat that?!" I turned, it was a professor in the Culinary Arts program. I smiled and ruefully said, "yes," it was all I had in a pinch. The professor tried to make his comment not seem so bad, but I wasn't offended – I found the whole exchange hilarious. Only in a University with future chefs could I get so chastised for a frozen dinner.

8 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

Ooh, blogging at work! Now there's a nice perk.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I utterly love this post! Keep up the good work my friend!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

I am sometimes chastised for microwaving frozen meals at work...though some of them are actually quite good!

Glad you like your new work environment.

10:39 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Hmm, can you go up to the future chefs class and get some free food? (would you want to?)

11:20 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

I'm with Joe if he felt so bad about it he should have offered something from the class

10:11 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - so cool to have that function!

Steve - Welcome and thank you!

Merci - it was good till today's meltdown by my boss.

Joe - there's an idea!

Mommanator - ha ha!

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this site. Really nice place for all

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Let the new year will bring a lot of money

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home