Friday, August 26, 2011

Last Days of Ramadan



Just a few more days of fasting left to go – though I will have to make up about 12 days. I’m going to be honest, this is rough. I am falling over with sleep at work. It will be nice to once again be allowed to drink caffeine during the day, I’m sure it would help! The funny thing is that it is not even the food I miss so much as sleep. One has to wake up in the morning to eat breakfast and say prayers. And even though I manage to do the whole thing in ½ hour, its still an interruption of sleep and I’m dragging during the day.

I wonder also if this lack of food has made me less patient to deal with people. Right now, typing this at work and one of the guys is boosting about all his travels, oh joy, a braggart, than I also have snarky people in my life. How does one deal with a snarky person - someone making sarcastic comments under their breath, etc?

Breaking news – Crown princess Victoria of Sweden is expecting her first child! Babies, babies everywhere!

5 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I feel sure the lack of food is making you irritable - that happens with a blood sugar drop.

Best to ignore the snarky person, I think.

7:14 AM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

Lack of sleep can make it difficult to cope with all sorts of daily dealings - like snarky people. Seems we all lose patience when we lose sleep! Soon it will be over, and hopefully you can catch up!! BTW - ok with hurricane - power outages everywhere, but I'm fine. :-)

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully Princess Victoria will have a Prince. So pack your bags and get your Gorgeous daughter to Sweden, before some Swedish Blonde gets him.

9:03 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Can't you tell him about attending the Swedish royal wedding?

11:46 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - Every time I want to get upset at Snarky person, I think of what you said - thank you!

H - so glad to hear you guys are safe and yes thank you for bringing my lack of sleep into perspective!

Anon - good idea!

Joe - no way!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home