Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and Dealthly Hallows - part 2

No spoilers here..just finished the book. I'm sad, half because of what happened in the story (how it played out, obviously who died that stuff) but also because it is the end. No more Harry Potter, no more Hogwarts and the fun of drifting to the school and all the ensuing antics. No more seeing all the characters interacting, laughing with them, having fun. You know what it reminds me off....a little like that feeling you have after high school graduation. You know you are never going back there - its over.

Fine, fine, you can label me a freak for becoming so attached but I know I'm not the only Harry Potter fan out there who is going to be not only bittersweet at the ending of book seven but the ending of this saga.

6 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

I finished it today, and I'm sad that it's over, too. I think there's the possibility of another book someday.

8:52 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oh yes, no more looking for the next one -

12:01 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Me, too, feeling a little down after having finished it. I'm reading these posts all over the place, so you are definitely not alone.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Yeah, me too. Sniff. But it was good, wasn't it? :-)

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, EVERYONE in universe has finished the book except me!

This sucks!

I start reading and ... Dinks needs a drink or she wants to play a game or she has something oh so important to tell me. And if it isn't Dinks, it's JT crying to eat or change his diaper or needing a burp.

I'll probably have it done once the movie comes out.

*sigh*

My kids are so selfish.

note: please note I'm being sarcastic. Sarcastic about the kids, that is. I'll really take forever to read the book.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Merci - heard on the Today show that Rowling does have something else planned, an encyclopedia, which will flesh out more from the epilogue, yay!!!

Joe - now i do have something to look forward too, the encyclopedia!

CS - you know knowing that i'm not alone in this sadness is quite comforting, makes me feel less like a freak...does that make sense?

Darla - It was sooo good!!! As soon as my slow-ass reading sister finishes it, I'm re-reading it again.

Maidink - I have faith, you'll get it down sooner than you think and I can't wait to hear what you feel afterwards!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home