Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix




I JUST SAW HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX!!!! It was freaking awesome!!!! My sister and I sat in line for two hours, but we got in and we sat in good seats, so worth it!!

The movie races along, it's jam packed with adventure, thrills, a little romance and laughter. For an adaptation of the book, I think they did a pretty good job; yes material was changed, condensed and added, but on the whole I thought it was A-rated (particularly as the book is the longest in the series). All the kids have grown up, they look so mature, the nice thing is their acting has improved as well. I would definitely say this movie was better than Goblet of Fire. Click on the link above, its an extended trailer of the movie.

Go. See. It.

Also, now that I've seen the film, I'm all jazzed for next week - BOOK SEVEN COMES OUT!!! Now I must go re-read book 6 to be ready for the seventh. I'm in crazy Harry Potter mode.


10 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

I'm glad you posted thta, I have been wanting to go see it but it hasn't gotten the best reviews- will take your opinion though thanks

10:06 AM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

I've been meaning to re-read the series before the last one comes out, but that may have to be a project for much later on. I have a feeling that I won't get my book until Monday, if they send out the pre-orders on Saturday, since the package is supposed to come to the office.

So glad that you've enjoyed the movie! A couple of my co-workers saw it last night too, but I haven't heard how they liked it yet.

11:24 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

OH no - in line? It's at one of the Imax screens here (in addition to dozens of others), we'll probably wait a week and hope the crowds die down.

12:40 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Planning on taking the boys tomorrow - we'll hit an early show to avoid the crowds.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Just got back from seeing it - it was fun! At least when we've finished reading the last book, we'll still have two more movies to look forward to. (I need to comfort myself somehow.)

11:29 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

I have heard nothing but good reviews. Your review just makes me want to see it more.

*runs to wallet and box office*

5:14 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommantor - Did you see it??

Random Kath - Monday?? However shall you live till than?? You're a better person than me.

Joe - I have to go see it in Imax as well, we have one in Norfolk that's 3-d, think I might try that one.

CS - early, smart move. Can't wait to hear what you thought.

Darla - I'm bummed as well that the end is near. I have a sinking feeling I'm not going to be satisfied with the ending of book 7. We shall have to see no?

Adorable Tony - did you see it?? I'll have to check your blog

10:51 PM  
Blogger CS said...

You know, I liked Goblet of Fire better. I mean, I did like it - I've liked them all - but there was something about it that didn't work quite as well for me. Some distance form the characters somehow.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Can't wait to see it! Probably won't get to it until AFTER I read book 7.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CS - its funny I'm finding most HP fans liked either GOF better or OOTP better, a very even split. I'm on the OOTP side, for the movie anyway. The book was difficult to get through because I hated Umbridge so much.

Merci - I'm plotting my Friday night, what to do, I want to maximize my HP 7 experience!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home