Sunday, October 26, 2008

Friends' Weddings




I attend two weddings in October. Both of the events for good college friends of mine and the bride's both did an October theme.

Picture's above are from the first wedding, held at a historic home of George Mason right off the Potomac River. I thought everything was just so elegant! If you can see, each of the tables were named after a historic presidential home (taking into account both the bride and groom's interest in history). Flowers were in a pumpkin, a string quartet played, food was traditional and the wedding favors - Mt. Vernon cider (Mt. Vernon was George Washington's home right here in Northern Virginia).

The photos below are from the second wedding - a very different setting, but just as fun! This was held in a barn, but the way the bride had decorated it, it was more like a Martha Stewart barn. I thought the view of the Shenandoah Valley behind the head table was just breath-taking (and it was also where the bride and groom took their vows, because of rain, wedding was moved inside). Everything was just done so beautifully, again an autumn theme, the food was classic southern, including a variety of pie choices for dessert and the give away was homemade jam!



Both weddings were done so well - right out of a magazine! I had a fabulous time (and isn't that the most important thing?!). Hope the pictures do them justice!

9 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Weddings are always lovely but the receptions are always my favorite if I know some of the folks.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like going to weddings - such expressions of optimism. I know some people are cynical about them because of the divorce rate, but I'm not.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wedding photos are excellent. Since you seem to enjoy these theme weddings. What theme would your wedding be? A Victorian affair, since you are so found of the Brits.

Austen

10:39 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

WHat lovely events! I bet you will have a traditional wedding when the time comes!

1:08 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Uh oh, lots of suggestions for your wedding. Not thinking of anyone in particular, are we?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Pax Romano said...

I love the Barn Wedding. That is so cool.

HOWEVER, when you get married, allow me to stage a big-old-trashy-glitzy-over-the-top-South Philly Italian Wedding.

Trust me, your family will be talking about this for decades, and you can just tell everyone that your "Godfather" set the whole thing up for you.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Merci said...

Weddings can be wonderful or torture, depending on how much you want to be there! Looks like these were in the wonderful camp. Glad you had a good time!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Shoebee said...

What opposites, Barn and Mt Vernon. I can see how both would be great.
Better take Pax up on that South Philly Italian Wedding...Now-that is a sight to behold. Nothing stranger than an Italian wedding

4:36 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Brenda - receptions are decidedly more fun when you know people, or the people are friendly even if you don't know them (as was the case in both weddings).

Citizen - yes they (weddings) are optimistic times, I like all the love in the air.

Austen - hmm...my wedding, I don't know, something small, in a warm time. Yes I do like almost all things British - I smile that you were able to pick that up so quickly : )

Mommantor - yes I think I would like a small traditional wedding with close family and friends.

Joe - well does Prince William count?

Pax - I am taking you up on that offer! Not we just gotta find a man for Virginia Gal : )

Merci - thank you dear, they were both wonderful!

Shoebee - welcome! yes I might just take Pax up on that offer, ha ha : )

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home