Thursday, October 09, 2008

Random Thoughts All starting with W

Working retail right now, just to make ends meet. God, there is nothing like working retail to remind you how much better an office job is - what is it with managers in retail? Why do they generally have bad management skills, i.e. micromanagement, always scolding, never praising? I'm just trying to keep my head low and hoping to soon be out of this maelstrom.

Went to the library today, it happens when you are dirt poor as the library provides free entertainment (books full of adventure, romance, excitement, all currently lacking in my life). I found it fascinating that in the library parking lot there were four cars with Obama bumper stickers and no McCain stickers. Library patrons are educated (they like to read), hence the natural choice for president is Obama. Educated people go for the educated choice, duh.

Whipping past a church last night and they had this sign up, "Life is Fragile, handle with Prayer." I like the sentiment - though often times I wonder if God is listening to me when I ask stuff for myself (like could I get a job? get married?).

Where is Canadian friend, LostWorld? She was blogging a while ago but has recently disappeared. Do come back Lost, I miss you!

Waiting, with much eagerness for my dear friend S's wedding this weekend. I know its going to be beautiful and I couldn't be more happy for her. She has truly found a great guy, they are PERFECT for each other and I am elated that they are sharing this special occasion with me. Plus this wedding will bring a bunch of us good friends together and that is always a recipe for positive vibes for Virginia Gal!

6 Comments:

Blogger mommanator said...

Isn't it something how gals love going to weddings, no matter the age, just something mysterious about em!
I think you are not alone being dirt poor! luckily we are just a paycheck away from poverty!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo give S my love and good wishes. And I totally agree with you on retail - man it sucks. I really hope something better turns up soon.

4:39 PM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

I hope you guys are having fun tonight, sorry I can't be there. Not feeling well. Hopefully feeling better on SATURDAY!! much love, H

7:42 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Have a great time this weekend!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Mommanator - oh the wedding was lovely! And yes I too am one paycheck away from poverty : )

Kate - We will definitely give S your love!

My Mind Wanders - It was awesome on Thursday but we definitely missed you!

Darla - it was awesome!

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Working in the restaurant or fast food business will do the same thing for you.

Enjoy the wedding and hope you meet someone interesting there!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home