Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New York City!

Hello!

Sorry for the delay in posting - I went with my sister and our two friends (who also happen to be sisters) to NYC for a girl's weekend. It was so much fun!!!

We went bargain shopping in Chinatown and the wholesale district, we walked around a fair in Greenwich village (more liberal than San Francisco I think) and a flea market near Central Park, took in a Broadway show (Eqqus starring Daniel Radcliffe) and sampled many different food types (going to not one single chain restaurant!). We ate pizza, Greek, Japanese and even traditional diner food. After the Broadway show we went to Serendipity for delicious ice cream, yum! I was finally able to navigate properly the NYC Subway and the hotel we stayed in (upper west side) was decidedly posh!

Enjoy some pictures of the trip - as I like to say, a good time was had by all!


Times Square, busy on a Friday night, when we arrived.


The pizza place we ate at was a converted church!

We had to visit Rockefeller Center because of the girl's is a huge 30 Rock fan.

A little stuffed furry friend who enjoyed Equus with us!


Our ice cream at Serendipity when it first arrived - so yummy!!


The aftermath!

Our hotel room had a second television in the bathroom!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures didn't load for me, but it still sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'll come back to look at the pics when the internet connection is a little less dodgy here. I love, love, love NY! (shall we make that our next MBC gals meeting place?)

4:30 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

no pictures, here, either. though, it sounds like you had fun. how was Equus?

6:00 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

O what a great time! NYC, preholidays! I unfortunately didnt get pics either

10:13 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I can't see the pics either. Says I don't have permission to view them on the server.
But Harry Potter naked? oh my. Sounds like a good time.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Kate - yes NYC for the next MBC get together would be fabulous!

Molly - Equus was interesting, a psychological thriller, probably not what I would have chosen to see if Dan Radcliffe was not in it but not dull like the David Mamet play my sister and I went too, just because Julia Stiles was in it.

Mommantor - It was fun pre-holidays!

Joe - It was indeed and let me just say that naked Harry Potter was on for a long time, like that - sans cloths...um....

11:55 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I'm glad you had fun! We missed you last weekend, though. :-(

11:33 AM  
Blogger Random Kath said...

Oh my goodness! I just went to NYC this weekend and posted my pictures! You were lucky to be able to stay over and it sounds like you had a blast too. Next time I do want to go to Chinatown and the Village, and I forgot about Serendipity. Any restaurants you'd recommend?

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home