Saturday, June 26, 2010

BP Oil Spill

I have been sick for the past few weeks, so hence my lack of blogging. I tell you one thing, when you are sick, you lack any motivation to do anything, my writing has suffered, my career goals have suffered. Being sick just zaps the energy out of you. It sucks! I am not use to being this sickly a person, yes I have had my bouts of colds and digestive issues, but nothing on this scale. I am trying to get motivated to get into some action, but my body just won't respond. I am off to the doctor for a second visit next week, wish me luck!

Is anyone else tired of this BP oil spill? I want it to go away. My sympathy with the people of that region is low, I know that makes me a total meanie. But not even a few months after this tragic accident and they are rallying for more deep water drilling?! I know people need jobs but I just think this is not the answer, could the gulf area take another oil disaster?? Also, I'm tired of everyone screaming for the federal government to help, hey you want less government, capitalism solves everything right? Well, let it do it this time too, BP will figure it out eventually.

I was so glad that President Obama canned that General in Afghanistan. Good! Insubordination plain and simple, besides which I want President Obama to let these Republicans, particularly throughout the military, that at the end of the day, he is still Commander in Chief and keep your mouth shut when you are in uniform or on the job! These military types are so in love with their rules and regulations, lets keep this one in mind (you can't only follow these rules when its a president you like, ha!) - I loved when President Obama said in the speech after the firing, that in the end its his decisions. Good for you President Obama!

3 Comments:

Blogger secret agent woman said...

I'm sorry to hear you have been sick - it definitely covers everything.

10:22 AM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

I hope you feel better real soon, my friend! I am thinking about you tons and sending hugs! Hang in there please!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Secret Agent - thanks!

H - you are so sweet!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home