Sunday, June 20, 2010

New York City

Sorry I have been awol of late - I was in NYC the last few days of the week. I went into the city to see my favorite boy band of all time - New Kids on the Block!!! They were playing at Radio City Music Hall. I have to say - AMAZING!!! Its interesting because this is my fourth time seeing them in two years, but it never gets old! Reverting back to my middle school days, complete with screaming and carrying on (particularly when Joey took off his shirt). I told my friend who I got with to every one of these shows with - I'm in for future dates - though I don't think there will be any time soon, as Donnie is in a new CBS show starting this fall.

In other news, I spent the two days I was in the Big Apple with a friend of mine, Jelly Kean (see charity badge on side of this blog)!!! She and I have known each other since middle school. Its fascinating to me that despite the years, we have stayed close. Its great! Though I have heard of other friends who fell out after high school, lost connection etc. So I am ever so glad that has not happened to us. Getting together with her was like starting right off where we left off.

I must say, I simply adore her place. She is now in her own studio, right in the heart of Astoria Queens. It is grand! Fifth floor, when you look out the windows, you can see Manhattan. Yet, even though she is right in the heart of New York City, the neighborhood has this familiar feeling, which I enjoyed.

I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger my mind wanders said...

It sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time! I know how much you enjoy "city views" so I bet you were in heaven! :-)

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed yourself.You must be a City Dweller to love the City. I am a small town person and I love it. It is great to visit a city occassionally.
Visiting with old friends is always a lot of fun.

Austen

2:37 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Priming yourself for leaving Arizona?

2:15 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

H - I was in heaven, it was bailey all over again!!

Austen - I think in my heart I am a city dweller, it is where I feel most comfortable, if that makes sense.

Joe - YES!!

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home