Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Big Wedding and Kitchen Gadgets!

Thank you to everyone for their wonderful work advice, my sister concurred and she was right, nothing motivates a person more to find a more meaningful job than being stuck in a location or in my case, a boss, that you do not enjoy! Also, I have had it with Arizona, so two big motivators are pushing me to really look for a job in the Washington DC area or at least in a part of the country that is a bit more civilized.


 

But enough of that depressing stuff – I am sure everyone heard the big news yesterday, Kate and Prince William's wedding!!!! I am over the moon! Anyone who knows me, knows that I have been saying since high school that whenever Prince William got married I would be there in England to observe (particularly as I couldn't make Charles and Diana's wedding, since I was 5 years-old at the time, ha ha). This does pose one big problem, the logistics of baby. I don't really want to bring her, I've heard its just one big party and she will be about four or six months (depending on the date they set). Would it make me a terrible mom if I left her for three or four days with her dad to go off and see the wedding?? Also, would I just hate the entire experience if I felt like I had left my little one? I would hate going to all that trouble to get to London for the wedding and not enjoy myself because I'm upset about leaving the baby….


 

There are so many elements of the wedding that I'm dying to find out about, such as the wedding dress, the bridesmaid's dresses, the breakfast, who will be invited, and of course, the gifts!! I imagine Kate and Prince William will get a wide assortment of gifts, from gilt framed boxes to kitchen gadgets. I hope they will be willing to show us general public some of the gifts. As I see it, I will never be a Royal so this will be my only opportunity to live vicariously through them.

8 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Yes, leave baby with dad and go.

As for the move; what does hubby say? I thought he was stuck on Arizona?

1:44 PM  
Blogger Hina said...

yes, I am frequently right :)

7:22 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

of course you should go esp if ya get that gilded invitation! teehee, wouldnt that be great. You can leave the child for a couple of days, daddies are parents too. It will be hard leaving the cherub though.
I agree what does hubby think of the move? he does want a happy wifr though doesnt he?

11:27 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

of course you should go esp if ya get that gilded invitation! teehee, wouldnt that be great. You can leave the child for a couple of days, daddies are parents too. It will be hard leaving the cherub though.
I agree what does hubby think of the move? he does want a happy wifr though doesnt he?

11:27 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Is your husband okay to move to DC? It does seem like you'd be happier there.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I watched Charles and Diana get married on TV back when they did the deed. Awesome wedding to have ended so sadly. I hope William is a bigger man than his dad!

11:32 PM  
Blogger my mind wanders said...

Hi chica! I think you should go! I think you'd regret not going.
:-) How fun!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Joe - as you know, happy wife, happy life : ) WE are going to DC.

Hina - what are you doing here willis?! I didn't know you read my blog? LOL, guess sometimes you are right.

Mommantor - I think the husband understands with the baby coming it is better for us to be closer to family : )

Secret Agent - he is reconciled to moving.

Brenda - yes I hope so as well, that this marriage lasts till death does them part.

H - yes you are right, I would regret not going.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home