Sunday, September 02, 2007

One Week into School

Thanks for everyone's kind thoughts on my past crush, you guys are awesome!

I have to update everyone on my scholarship situation...so I got back to school last week, to find the scholarship was not showing up on my financial aid statements. I contacted the School of Business, per the Financial Aid Office's instructions. The Business Dean informs me that I did win a scholarship, only this is for $375, not my full fall tuition.

"What?!" I respond..."the letter I received over the summer indicated that my full tuition was being covered."

Here is the update: Apparently over the summer I dropped down in class ranking (what from number 1 to number 3?) which would make me ineligable for the scholarship, but because the school of Business's mistake they are going to give me the scholarship...very grungingly did the Dean tell me this.

Boy its been a while since I was made to feel so stupid (all because I got one "B", the Dean pointed out that this one grade, in one class, made me less than smart enough to get the scholarship, never you mind I worked my ass off in every class including that one, that I contribute to the school by being active in the program/activities and if they bothered to talk to my undergrad college they would see I am very proud and generous alum).

Of course now I have to work even harder this semester to prove to the Dean's office that this "dumbass" deserves this scholarship.

Nothing makes me madder than when people treat me like I'm stupid...I may talk about television and the latest Hollywood gossip, but that doesn't mean I'm not intelligent, I just don't feel the need to pontificate at every opportunity or only discuss only "serious" issues, this doesn't make you smarter than others...it just makes you more of an ass.

Anywho...wish me luck, its straight A's this semester or bust!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Nothing but faith in you!

You can do it!!!!!!!!!

and you're NOT a dumbass!!!!

Stop saying that!

**HUG**

8:59 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

It seems bogus to me that you can win a scholarship and then, after you win it, have them say that because you got a b after you were awarded the scholarship, you are ineligible. Either you won it or you didn't. Something is fishy here. I think they made a mistake and didn't want to admit it. I'm glad you stuck to your guns. I'd be curious to know the wording in the letter that informed you about the scholarship in the first place! I am sure you'll do great this semester - but don't let this idiocy stress you out!

10:57 PM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Here Here Darla D couldnt say it better!
Plus Tony I agree NOT A DUMBASS!
Va Gal- seems to me with your work & school ethic you should get that scholarship- A 'B' my goodness- did they look at the other grades that went along with that b?
well at least you did get it anyhow! one less thing to worry about! Great luck!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Molly Malone said...

ditto to the frustration echoed by Darla.

... and a thought. please notice the only person calling you stupid is you. you wanna know someone who got through college AND grad school on NO scholarships? me.

so, if you're "stupid" for having won a full ride (minus $375 for THEIR stupidity), what does that make me? a knuckle dragging, drooling neanderthal? please stop abusing yourself! you're too good for that and deep down you know it!

9:35 AM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

You can do it, but sorry for the huge workload. Well, that's what you need to do for that fancy shmancy MBA. Next on to Doctor.

7:23 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Don't let them get to you - you were smart enough to earn it in the first place, that is all you need to know. You have nothing to prove. I mean that - NOTHING. Now please try to enjoy school.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Tony - thanks for the pep talk and hugs - much needed and appreciated!

Darla D - your right, as a friend pointed out, even if I lose it next semester, at least I got it for this one and that's one less I have to pay for, no?

Mommantor - you said it, one less thing to worry about (now I'm just gashing my teeth hoping they will post it soon to my financial aid).

Molly - hee hee - I needed that - I am the only one calling myself dumb, why do I have this perpetual low self-esteem? Thank you dear : )

Joe - Laughing...yes that is what is needed for this fancy schmancy MBA : )

CS - I shall endeavor to "enjoy school," thanks for the well-wishes.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home