Monday, February 15, 2010

The Opening Ceremonies and Dublin Car Rental


Who watched the 2010 Vancouver Olympics opening ceremony? Obviously I did. I am sorry to say, I love many things about Canada, but this opening ceremony was not one of them. All that comes to mind is, what were they thinking?!

When I imagine Olympic opening ceremonies, I imagine something with life, zing, excitement - this is the time for the host city to set the tone of the entire games, the 16 days that you (the host city) have toiled away for, spent millions of dollars for, is a silly projector show really how you want to go?

I can understand that there was a somber pail over the ceremonies as the poor athlete from Georgia had just died that day, yet Vancouver had been planning these Olympics for over four years, no way they could have dulled down the entire opening show in one day - they had decided to go that route from the beginning. How sad.

Where to begin with what I didn't like, the tiny dancers, nothing much in unison, the somber and sad songs. There was no gravitas to the event.

I had some hope for the moment when they brought out the fiddlers, but even that was done not so well. Instead of an organized step dancing, where we, the audience, would be awed by the unison and synchronization, like one sees in Irish step dancing, it was all haphazard, with bizarre costumes and yellow lightening that washed out the dancers anyway. I wonder if Ireland had done the Olympics, would they include traditional Irish dancing, they would be crazy not too. I know one thing I could count on, getting transportation from with a nice Dublin car rental!

For those who did watch the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, what did you think?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right, the Candians sucked at the opening Ceremony. It was very very disappointing to see so much money waisted. I switched off the ceremony, because it was agonizing to watch. Hopefully London will be better. It can't be worse, Can it!

Austen

9:35 AM  
Blogger mommanator said...

Sorry I missed it or am I!? have enjoyed the sports so far!
figures skating all seemed to look alike this year? or is it me? no one seemed unique? Except the Germans in their short one. Owell. It's the games and if they go too avant gard then the scorers will go beserk!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone deleted a variety of links from share-rapid and vip-file servers.

From now, we will use www.tinyurlalternative.com as our default [url=http://www.tinyurlalternative.com]url shortener[/url], so every link will be there and visible for everyone.

You can choose from many great [url=http://kfc.ms]short url[/url] address like:

kfc.ms easysharelink.info jumpme.info megauploadlink.info megavideolink.info mygamelink.info myrapidsharelink.info mytorrentlink.info myurlshortener.com mywarezlink.info urlredirect.info urlshrinker.info weblinkshortener.com youtubelink.info and many others.

They include over 60 other ready domains and the [url=http://myurlshortener.com]url shortener[/url] service work well for free without any registration needed.

So we assume it is good idea and suggest you to use [url=http://urlredirect.info]url redirect[/url] service too!

Thank you.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Merci said...

Didn't watch the opening ceremonies, but I don't have much patience with pageantry. I'm not crazy about the Olympics in general, though I like to watch the figure skating. I'm watching the men's short program tonight. I have to say that Florent Amodio was enchanting. I thought Plushenko was dull by comparison. What did you think?

8:51 PM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Didn't see it, or any of the Olympics yet, so I can't really comment.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Virginia Gal said...

Austen - yes what a tragic waste of money!

Mommantor - so far nothing too avant garde, hee hee.

Merci - I am so happy Evan won!!!

Secret Agent - lucky you, didn't waste that time : )

Anony - glad to help, I think.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the lazy marketer -
tonsil stones remedies -
truth about abs -
truth about diets -
turbulence training -
vincedelmontefitness -
vince del monte fitness -
violin master pro -
warp speed fat loss -
wedding speech 4u -
xp repair pro -
yeast infection no more -
2ip hosting -
10 minute forex wealth builder -
30 minute back links -
500 love making tips -
acid alkaline diet -
advanced defrag -
affiliate jackpot -
anti spyware -
art of approaching -
battery reconditioning -
blogging to the bank -
burnthefat -
burn the fat -
carb rotation diet -
carp evolution -
cb bonus domination -
combat the fat -
content website builder -
conversationalhypnosis -
conversational hypnosis -
cure angular cheilitis -
cure morning sickness -

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really Glad i discovered this website.Added virginiagal.blogspot.com to my bookmark!

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really Glad i discovered this site.Added virginiagal.blogspot.com to my bookmark!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home