Lots of thoughts pinging in my head -
The Apprentice - WOW! Yesterday's finale, huge!! I couldn't believe Trump fired the lot of them. I didn't see that coming at all! While I agree they messed up royally, I thought those four were actually some of the better candidates on the show. I really thought James and that other Southern guy would be there for much longer. But in a way I appreciate that Mr. Trump was unimpressed by their slick talking and saw their bad results, too bad the rest of corporate America is not like that.
Nice. Big Oil Companies don't want publicity over their record profits...gee I wonder why??? Could it be that as American's gas prices go up, up, up, we are finally waking up to the collective evil that are Oil Companies (Artic drilling, oil spills ruining massive wildlife, using up of fossil fuels, meddling in other countries just to get oil cheap, starting wars for profit, lavish lifestyles for executives of these companies, stubborn resistence to researching alternative energy sources). No that couldn't be it....http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/25/AR2005102501655.html
Halloween - Londonist posed this question on their site about what kind of costume a guy should wear on Halloween to impress a lady and it made me think. This is a tough question, you want something sexy but not dippy or stupid. Men's costumes walk a fine line in this instance. Hmm...off the top of my head I'd say:
James Bond, a guy in a tuxedo is ALWAYS cute!
Zorro, but only if you are in shape!
A preppy school boy with the whole jacket and badge thing - but maybe that's just me?
Boy, I'm stumped on this one.....
Answers to yesterday's true or false quiz:
1. Despite living in Manassas, I've never been to the Manassas Battlefield. (sad but true).
2. I got politically active when President George H. Bush nominated Clarence Thomas for supreme court. (oh that peeved me enough to start working on the Clinton campaign in '92!)
3. My sister and I can quote the BBC version of "Pride & Predjuice" for hours on end. (ninja poodle Belinda you are so right - Colin Firth IS Mr. Darcy, I love the pond scene!!).
4. I want to live in London. (duh, easily true).
5. I applied to be on the Apprentice. (false, I'd rather not be publicly humilated on national television).
6. My favorite color is pink. (true!)
7. Adorable Tony doesn't really live in Arkansas, and I don't live in Virginia, we're actually an old married couple, living on a nudist colony in Nebraska. (false, Nebraska doesn't have any nudist colonies, hee hee.)
8. I had a mad cyber-affair with Ben Affleck. (I wish, sadly this is false).
9. I was born in America. (New Jersey baby!)
10. I was born in India. (false).
11. I've never had a true kiss. (again on the mark Ninja Poodle - never had a true kiss).
12. I was the kid in the Exorcist. (thankfully this is false).
13. I've ridden in a plane with Barbara Bush (the twin not the mom). (true and I was sure I was going to get booted off the plane cause there were secret service everywhere and my suitcase was covered in Kerry stickers).
14. I've been banned from more than one casino in Vegas for card counting. (ha ha, if you know my math skills you'd know this is false, Vegas sees dollar signs when they see me coming, I never win there!).
15. I shot Mr. Burns. (I love the Simpsons, this is false).
16. My favorite food is Indian. (false, my favorite food is anything I don't have to cook!).
17. I've been to Australia twice. (true, gotta love free flight benefits!).
18. I once got stuck in an airplane bathroom and had to have the pilot come get me out. (how embarrassing would that be?!!! This is false.).
19. I've written to the Danish Royal House asking for a job. (In an act of desperation, this is true, even though I don't speak Danish).
20. I have created a speech therapy program for victims of the Cherynobl nuclear disaster. (I read this in one of those all-American kid profiles, and thought 'give me a break,' some freaking overachiever - this is soo false!).
Have a good weekend!